Northwest Territories

Key legislation



Reports of suspected animal cruelty can be made by calling the NWT police (911) or local RCMP departments.


Investigations & Enforcement

Members of the RCMP and bylaw officers are responsible for animal protection and cruelty investigations.


No case statistics are freely available online.

Human-Animal Wellbeing and Supports

The NWT SPCA provides food and pet supplies for communities that have difficulty accessing and affording such items through the Northern Community Pet Food and Supplies Program.